Appeals court finds Brookfield overstepped in requiring developer to pay for street connecting subdivisions
An appeals court on Thursday found the city of Brookfield improperly sought to compel a developer to pay for a public road through a planned subdivision in a closely-watched land use case.
Husch Blackwell announced Monday that Emily Constantine has joined the firm as a senior counsel in its Government Contracts group.
The National Labor Relations Act protects employees’ right to unionize (and not unionize) and to engage in other “protected concerted activity.” These are basic rights guaranteed to employees under Section 7 of the act. Critically, the act’s protections only extend to “employees”—not to “independent contractors.” The number of workers labeled “independent contractor” has [...]
If contractors had to sum up the prospect of getting work from the recently passed federal infrastructure bill amid continuing labor and supply shortages, many would no doubt say: It’s a good problem to have.
Two attorneys from Husch Blackwell's Milwaukee office celebrated a client's successful acquisition deal at the New York Stock Exchange.
What used to be forgotten, unused space is now becoming one of the most innovative areas in real estate development.
It’s no secret that in recent years, the political divide between the left and the right has been growing. In today’s highly politicized environment, legislation and policy is often bogged down by political theater or diluted (or inflated) to get just enough votes for approval. The result can make for bad policy in some cases, and no policy in others.
M. Scott LeBlanc has joined Husch Blackwell's Milwaukee and Chicago offices as a partner.
Rebecca Furdek has joined Husch Blackwell's Milwaukee office as an associate. She's one of six new attorneys that the firm has added to its white collar, internal investigations and compliance practice group.
Husch Blackwell is opening two new offices in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Husch Blackwell reported a record-breaking $417 million in revenue in 2020, according to a firm spokesperson.
Husch Blackwell is moving into its new, state-of-the-art office space in downtown Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin law requires vehicles to stay back from a working snowplow
- Jan. 6 suits can proceed
- House Expulsion of Santos marks sixth in chamber’s history
- PIP, SSI benefits cases to be heard during December arguments
- Court: City violated order in dispute over fire departments
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula