What should you do if a client says to you, “Give me a 10 percent discount . . . or else”?
A proposal to increase the fees charged filers of small-claims lawsuits could help county clerks around the state fill budgetary holes resulting from a fairly recent change to the claims limit on civil cases.
As the legal profession continues to contend with everything from layoffs to fee pressures, we have reached a point where upheaval is the new normal.
Milwaukee lawyer Eido Walny has developed such close relationships with his clients that he regularly attends their weddings, bar mitzvahs and Fourth of July barbecues.
A dilemma arising with greater frequency in recent years is this: a client receives the lawyer’s bill, contends that it is too high, and refuses to pay it unless the invoice is written down.
The State Assembly’s Judiciary Committee voted down an amendment Thursday that would have extended a proposed bill's transparency requirements to lawyers who work for the state at an hourly pay rate.
Trial lawyer Michael Piuze is used to grabbing headlines for his work in the courtroom, mostly for winning billions of dollars for smokers against tobacco companies.
Those in non-lawyer positions – administrators and administrative professionals at all levels – traditionally were thought to have little or no direct influence on the outcome of firm revenue and expenses.
The Food and Drug Administration and the medical device manufacturing industry have reached a tentative agreement on user fees under the reauthorization of the Medical Device User Fee Act.
In the United States, American Rule requires that people pay for their own attorney’s fees regardless of the outcome of a lawsuit.
By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) – An attorney known as the country’s king of lemon law litigation said Friday that he will no longer represent Wisconsin Republicans because he’s disgusted with a bill working its way through the Legislature that would cap lawyer fees. Vince Megna told The Associated Press that he […]
By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) – The Wisconsin state Senate passed a measure Thursday that attempts to limit the amount of fees attorneys can collect when damages are awarded to consumers who have been harmed. The Republican-backed bill, as originally introduced, would have capped attorneys’ fees at no more than three times […]
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel