The state Assembly walked back a bill Thursday that would have allowed bars throughout Wisconsin to stay open later during the Democratic National Convention this summer, tweaking the proposal to allow extended hours only for taverns in the southeastern corner of the state before passing it on to the Senate.
A 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after striking at least 13 vehicles in the town of Lake Tomahawk, according to the Oneida County Sheriff's Office.
Repeat drunken drivers would spend more time behind bars under a bill the state Assembly passed overwhelmingly on Tuesday.
A split Wisconsin Supreme Court has reversed a decision on a subject-matter-jurisdiction dispute relating to an OWI case from Ozaukee County.
A case in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court questions when police officers have reasonable belief to conduct searches without warrants after an arrest.
Wisconsin public defenders are on pace to receive pay parity with state prosecutors. The state Senate on Tuesday passed an amended version of Senate Bill 468 to provide a pay-progression plan for assistant state public defenders.
Gov. Tony Evers has signed a Republican bill that stiffens penalties for drunken drivers who kill someone.
The state Senate has signed off on two bills that would stiffen drunken-driving penalties — and possibly generate millions of dollars in new prison costs.
The Marquette County Courthouse sounded like a math classroom during oral arguments in a Wisconsin Supreme Court case on Monday. The justices asked two attorneys appearing before them how they’d calculate fines in a felony OWI case involving a baby in a car and a blood alcohol concentration more than four times the legal limit.
A drunken driver who fled from a fatal crash in Milwaukee has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
Dane County sheriff's officials say they've arrested a Madison man for his tenth drunken-driving offense.
A Wisconsin appeals court has ruled that operating a riding mower while drunk carries the same penalties as driving a car while intoxicated.
- Fond du Lac jury convicts man for brutal slaying
- Wisconsin Assembly approves increases in out-of-state outdoor license fees to help close deficit
- Assembly OKs bill to suspend doe hunting in northern Wisconsin in attempt to regrow herd
- Wisconsin lawmakers OK bill to tackle forever chemicals pollution, but governor isn’t on board
- A man accused of stabbing another passenger on a Seattle to Las Vegas flight charged with assault
- Could gunowners face charges if kids access unlocked weapons? State laws differ
- EPA approves year-round sales of higher ethanol blend in Wisconsin, other states
- Former Black schools leader radio interview brings focus on race issues in Green Bay
- Parts of a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Denver have been stolen
- Right to contraception rejected by Wisconsin Assembly Republicans
- Planned Parenthood asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to find 1849 abortion law unconstitutional
- Alabama’s frozen embryo ruling is having its first effects
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula