A Dane County judge has tossed out the 30-year-old rape convictions of a former Wisconsin Rapids man.
The government has no constitutional obligation to provide health care to patients in state doctors' care, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court in this session will have to decide if domestic partnerships in the state are now essentially the same as marriage.
Wisconsin's domestic partnership registry is constitutional, a state appeals court ruled in a decision released Friday that marks a major victory for the state's largest gay rights group.
Iowa County Circuit Judge William Dyke is 82, but has no plans to step down from the bench and said he is disappointed when he sees aging colleagues do so.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A judge in Madison is set to evaluate whether a man accused of leaving his elderly aunt to die is competent. Prosecutors say 45-year-old Steven King was living with his mother, 71-year-old Veronica King, in Madison in 2009 when his aunt, 71-year-old Mary Coleman fell in the house. They say the […]
On Friday, Gov. Scott Walker appointed seven members to his new Judicial Selection Advisory Committee.
By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A judge ruled Monday that Wisconsin’s domestic partnership registry does not violate the state’s constitutional ban on gay marriage — a major victory for the state’s largest gay rights group that had defended the registry established in 2009 to bestow legal rights to same-sex couples. The […]
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Gov. Scott Walker has told a judge he wants to stop defending Wisconsin’s domestic partner registry in court because he doesn’t believe it’s constitutional. Members of the conservative group Wisconsin Family Action filed a lawsuit last summer arguing the registry violates the state’s constitutional ban on […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republican Gov. Scott Walker has fired the attorney who was representing the state in a lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s domestic partner registry. The conservative group Wisconsin Family Action alleges the registry violates the state’s ban on gay marriage because it grants same-sex couples a number of legal rights. Former Gov. Jim Doyle, […]
A Dane County judge on Tuesday ordered Wisconsin officials to open the Capitol to the public during normal business hours, reversing a temporary policy that restricted access to people who had appointments or other specific business.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel