This article discusses supply chain delay claims and steps owners, contractors, and material suppliers can do to help mitigate the effects of supply chain troubles.
The arrival of COVID-19 caused abrupt changes to construction practices. In a matter of days, things went from business as usual to social distancing.
Two attorneys at Michael Best & Friedrich prevailed on a $1.1 million subcontractor dispute in front of a Court of Appeals.
When Re/Max Select LLC wrapped up negotiations to sell a $6.3 million vacant lot to Alexander & Bishop in 2007, the real estate firm probably figured its hard work was done.
In a number of industries — especially construction — government contracts can be a rewarding source of work and revenue. But getting in on the award process is challenging and poses legal challenges.
Contracts Unjust enrichment Midwestern Roofing & Construction, Inc., pro se, appeals from a judgment entered after the trial court found Burkhart Construction Corporation of Milwaukee entitled to summary judgment on its unjust enrichment claim. For the reasons which follow, we affirm. This opinion will not be published. 2011AP1321 Burkhart Construction Corp. of Milwaukee v. Midwestern [&hellip[...]
The law firm of Fullerton & Knowles of Virginia offers a Construction Law Survival Manual on their website.
09-3883 Lindquist Ford, Inc., v. Middleton Motors, Inc.
Contracts Legal services; anticipatory breach
Contracts Unjust enrichment
Contracts Breach; revocation of acceptance
Contracts Fraud; economic losses
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel