Hiring an attorney can be a stressful and time-consuming task for people who suddenly find themselves in need of legal representation.
If you, like many of your colleagues, have stocked your practice with clients that aren’t a good fit, you’ll spend much of your career feeling frustrated, unappreciated and resentful.
February has long been synonymous with Valentine’s Day, romance and relationships. Retailers revel in reminding consumers that the more time, energy and money they spend on this one day, the deeper their devotion and love.
A recent opinion by the New Jersey State Bar’s Advisory Committee on Professional Ethics raises a major alarm bell for any lawyer who has trouble collecting money from a client.
Glendale solo practitioner Randy Enochs hates to turn away business, even if it means catering to a combative client.
When I started practicing law, I didn’t care who anybody was, what they believed or what they had done.
If you’ve ever wondered what your clients really think of you, try asking them.
A New Yorker cartoon has a young lawyer saying to an upset client, "Oh, I don't object much. As lawyers go, I'm pretty laid back."
Lawyers must understand the difference between pricing and billing. The price for legal services is typically an hourly rate, and is used to get the business and define the engagement. It is a prospective measurement.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel