Milwaukee County Court Commissioner Laura Gramling Perez easily bested her opponent Tuesday to become the new judge in Branch 32.
Forty-four judges’ seats are up for election Tuesday in Wisconsin.
Milwaukee circuit judge candidate Laura Gramling Perez received more votes saying that she was qualified for the Branch 32 judge seat than her opponent, Cedric Cornwall, according to a Milwaukee Bar Association poll.
The Milwaukee Bar Association will host a forum March 6 for two court commissioners vying for a soon-to-be vacant circuit judge seat.
Gov. Scott Walker is taking applications for a soon-to-be vacant circuit court judge position in Milwaukee County.
A Milwaukee prosecutor announced her candidacy Friday to run for a soon-to-be vacant judge seat in next spring’s elections.
A couple of Wisconsin personal injury lawyers had the chutzpah to use the last names of rival attorneys for keyword advertising on the Internet.
When Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Charles Kahn joined the bench in 1992, he brought with him not only 17 years of legal experience, but an artistic eye, as well.
More than two dozen Wisconsin judges from 16 counties were among the tens of thousands of people who signed petitions to recall Gov. Scott Walker, according to a newspaper analysis.
A felony gun case against a Wauwatosa attorney took a unique twist Tuesday when the defense announced plans to challenge the constitutionality of Wisconsin’s gun silencer statute.
Though he was lighthearted and jovial with colleagues, former Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Sheedy, who died Friday at age 90, was serious about his work.
A Wauwatosa attorney facing felony gun charges could plead guilty early next year.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel