The public will not be privy to attorney misconduct investigations before a formal complaint is filed, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has declined to hear a petition brought by a same-sex couple from Milwaukee seeking to strike down the state's constitutional ban on gay marriage.
An Eau Claire criminal defense attorney who sent a letter to a judge containing information normally protected by attorney-client privilege did not violate any ethical rules, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
In an abbreviated opinion, the Wisconsin Supreme Court clarified its previous, murky plurality decision in State v. Johnson on State v. Shiffra jurisprudence.
The ongoing John Doe probe into alleged illegal activities concerning Gov. Scott Walker’s recall election campaign is nothing if not complicated.
In an overly long opinion, the Wisconsin Supreme Court decided a child abuse case involving a presentence plea withdrawal without an appropriate illumination of the law.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court unanimously struck down a State Bar bylaw Friday that would have allowed the Board of Governors to remove one of its own, with one justice saying the rule as written was “insane.”
Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley has recused herself from ruling on a lawsuit seeking to halt a secret investigation into possible illegal coordination between conservative groups and recent recall campaigns.
A woman who repeatedly beat her daughter, leaving her scarred and disfigured, will not be allowed to withdraw her no contest plea, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday.
The state Supreme Court announced Thursday it has taken up three cases for review.
In a child sexual assault case that divided the Court of Appeals, the state Supreme Court properly kept the focus on the elements of the crime and a jury’s function.
A proposal to make public certain investigations into allegations of attorney misconduct will be given a public hearing Monday in front of the state Supreme Court.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel