The course was designed to combine hard science and trial advocacy.
The art of storytelling is the primary skill of a trial lawyer. The old paradigm that we argue cases in court is misleading. The adversarial system is a storytelling contest. Facts, science and logic inform our stories, but the story is the thing. So, what is a story?
Marital property rights and an issue of double recovery are at the center of a case in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Despite plenty of compelling arguments for making first-time drunken driving offenses a crime, Wisconsin won’t be moving in that direction anytime soon, predicts defense attorney Andrew Mishlove.
A judge’s decision to allow a doctor to testify to the intoxication of a drunken-driving defendant can be considered a “harmless error,” the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday, because it was not the evidence that led the jury to find him guilty.
The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene has issued an official response to my Feb. 11 article on the jagged hump anomaly and cause for concern with the state’s blood alcohol testing.
In response to attorney Andrew Mishlove’s Feb. 11 commentary “Cause for concern with state’s blood alcohol tests,” the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene drafted a letter, dated Feb. 13, defending its procedures and quality controls.
My colleagues and I have discovered a series of abnormal blood alcohol tests done at the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene, which casts serious doubt about the reliability of blood alcohol tests in Wisconsin.
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Animal welfare advocates file lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s new wolf management plan
- Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
- Wisconsin Attorney General announces $100,000 water pollution settlement
- Milwaukee man sentenced to 30 year bifurcated prison term as ringleader of $9.6 million cocaine conspiracy
- Gov. Evers Grants 82 Pardons, Bringing Total Pardons Granted to 1,111
- Wisconsin District Attorneys’ Association recognizes work of state prosecutors
- Madison man gets 40 years for killing ex-girlfriend, whose body was found under pile of furniture
- Democrats urge Wisconsin Supreme Court to overturn Republican-drawn legislative maps
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula