One way or another, the approximately 300 judges in Minnesota are getting a raise next year. There are no such raises, however, planned for Wisconsin judges.
Jane Kelly will become a federal appeals court judge Friday with an unusual background that supporters say makes her a perfect fit for the job and a potential U.S. Supreme Court candidate someday.
A Bucks County, Pa., district judge says he fell for a dog owner's story that her wiener dog had a right to be in the courtroom with her for medical reasons. Now Judge Daniel Baranoski is warning his county colleagues to be on the lookout for similar phony service dog claims.
The Wisconsin Attorney General's Office found Schmitt Challenges Inc., Beaver Dam, and owner Carl Schmitt liable for $70,000 in fines and court costs related to environmental violations.
A group of Democrats and an immigration rights organization that sued the state over redistricting have dropped their efforts to determine why Republicans failed to turn over records in the case.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s surgically narrow ruling prohibiting a farmer from using seeds harvested from patented herbicide-resistant soybeans has left lawyers with more questions than answers about the extent of patent owners’ rights in other emerging, self-replicating technologies.
Lawyers are concerned that discovery is getting out of hand.
The twins were 7, shy and scared. Talking was tough and describing what happened nearly impossible.
Minority Democrats in the state Assembly have delayed a final vote on a Republican bill that would allow attorneys to nullify injunctions blocking state laws.
A Wisconsin man who was convicted in the 2010 slayings of a Rockford couple has been sentenced to life in prison.
The state Assembly has passed a Republican bill that would ensure repeat drunken drivers spend time behind bars.
The state Assembly has approved a Republican bill that would allow bars and liquor stores to sue underage patrons or their parents for $1,000.
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Animal welfare advocates file lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s new wolf management plan
- Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
- Wisconsin Attorney General announces $100,000 water pollution settlement
- Milwaukee man sentenced to 30 year bifurcated prison term as ringleader of $9.6 million cocaine conspiracy
- Gov. Evers Grants 82 Pardons, Bringing Total Pardons Granted to 1,111
- Wisconsin District Attorneys’ Association recognizes work of state prosecutors
- Madison man gets 40 years for killing ex-girlfriend, whose body was found under pile of furniture
- Democrats urge Wisconsin Supreme Court to overturn Republican-drawn legislative maps
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula