Democratic Wisconsin Sen. Tammy Baldwin cruised to a re-election win over Republican Leah Vukmir after successfully making the race about health care and her support for guaranteeing insurance coverage for people with pre-existing conditions.
Democrat Tony Evers ousted Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in the state's closest governor's race in more than half a century, denying the polarizing Republican and one-time presidential candidate a third term and succeeding where his party had failed in three previous attempts, including a 2012 recall.
A large majority of voters in Milwaukee and Dane counties favor legalizing marijuana for recreational use by adults.
Chief justice: Increasing private bar rate, review of ‘evidence-based’ decision making among priorities
Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Pat Roggensack recently announced that the high court’s priorities this term will include not only working with the Legislature on increasing the private bar rate and increasing the ranks of state prosecutors, but also reviewing the work of the state’s court system.
Wisconsin prosecutors have filed vehicular-homicide charges against a 21-year-old man who police say was inhaling chemical vapors before he crashed his truck into a group of Girl Scouts, killing three children and one adult.
Although the contests for the governor’s office and a U.S. Senate seat topped the ballot in Wisconsin on Tuesday, Democrats had high hopes for a handful of other races.
Marquette University Law School will be the host of the 2018 Restorative Justice Initiative Conference.
A Wauwatosa lawyer who faces a year-long suspension is admitting to taking money from his firm and committing professional misconduct.
A former court-appointed financial guardian, her office manager, her husband and her lawyer took plea deals Monday in what authorities are calling the biggest financial abuse case of its kind in Nevada.
A judge launched a trial Monday in New York City over challenges to the federal government's decision to put a citizenship question on the 2020 census by urging lawyers to put as much as possible on the public record because of high interest in the issues.
Polls are open in Wisconsin's high stakes midterm election where voters will decide whether Republican Gov. Scott Walker will keep his job or turn it over to Democrat Tony Evers.
Relatives of a Girl Scout and her mother who were killed in a hit-and-run crash in Wisconsin that also claimed the lives of two other girls struggled Monday to come to terms with their sudden, heartbreaking loss, saying "we all expect them to come back."
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Airbnb cracks down on bogus listings
- Hackers breach 2 Vegas casinos
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel