BROOKS, CHRISTY von Briesen & Roper, s.c. 411 E. Wisconsin Ave., Suite 1000 Milwaukee, WI 53202 Phone: 414-287-1232 Fax: 414-238-6517 Email: [email protected] Website: vonbriesen.com Practice Area: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Divorce and Family Law Service Area: Wisconsin BRADBURY, PHILIP von Briesen & Roper, s.c. 10 E. Doty St., Suite 900 Madison, WI 53703 Phone: 608-310-360[...]
Proposal in front of Supreme Court would give lawyer-mediators in family cases the ability to craft documents
The Wisconsin Supreme Court is asking practitioners and others to weigh in on a proposed rule change that would allow lawyers who mediate family law disputes to also draft legal documents that result from those negotiations.
Should the medical-technology firm Epic Systems and other companies be able to require that employees sign on to agreements forcing them to take labor disputes to independent arbitrators rather than court?
Even as some companies continue using arbitration clauses to push employees and consumers to resolve their cases outside court, others are finding they can achieve the same goals by avoiding going before a jury.
When Ronald Reagan famously quoted the Russian proverb, “trust, but verify,” what he really meant was, “don’t trust at all.”
Although arbitration is generally regarded as an efficient and economical system of alternative dispute resolution, the standard of judicial review for arbitration awards varies from state to state.
- Wisconsin Assembly approves increases in out-of-state outdoor license fees to help close deficit
- Assembly OKs bill to suspend doe hunting in northern Wisconsin in attempt to regrow herd
- Wisconsin lawmakers OK bill to tackle forever chemicals pollution, but governor isn’t on board
- A man accused of stabbing another passenger on a Seattle to Las Vegas flight charged with assault
- Could gunowners face charges if kids access unlocked weapons? State laws differ
- EPA approves year-round sales of higher ethanol blend in Wisconsin, other states
- Former Black schools leader radio interview brings focus on race issues in Green Bay
- Parts of a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Denver have been stolen
- Right to contraception rejected by Wisconsin Assembly Republicans
- Planned Parenthood asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to find 1849 abortion law unconstitutional
- Alabama’s frozen embryo ruling is having its first effects
- Marquette Law School Poll: National survey shows Trump win over Biden
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula