Recent Articles from Derek Hawkins
The complaint alleges that Green was texting while driving at and before the time of the crash.
Rossell replaces former committee chair, Judge Jennifer R. Dorow, Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Wisconsin Democrats want to ban sham lawsuits as GOP senator continues fight against local news site
The legal proceedings have cost the small, nonprofit news site close to $200,000 so far.
Gov. Tim Walz on Wednesday promoted Natalie Hudson to become chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court this fall, which will make her the first person of color to lead it.
Multiple Wisconsin municipalities, including Madison and Marinette, have discovered the chemicals in their groundwater.
Vacancy being created by the resignation of District Attorney David V. Meany, effective Oct. 2, 2023.
Giuliani served as rump’s personal lawyer after the 2020 election, and allegedly advanced false claims saying the election was stolen. His bond was set at $150,000.
Legal community weighs in on Supreme Court Justice Protasiewicz’s duty to recuse over gerrymandering cases
Legal community differs on whether or not Justice Protasiewicz has a duty to recuse on gerrymandering case.
Changes include: opening administrative conferences, creating a recusal task force to recommend rule changes and making court orders more accessible online.
Wisconsin Republicans grill judicial commissioners with a focus on high court’s new liberal majority
The hearing foreshadows what could be a looming battle between Republicans who control the Legislature and the state Supreme Court.
The existence of a historic, $7-billion surplus chummed the waters even more than usual.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel