There are a large number of websites dedicated to the False Claims Act. Attorneys and legal professionals interested in this area of law are often searching for recent cases and news to remain current.
Creating a comprehensive list of resources is impossible, however, but there are several resources that may be worth reviewing. As always, please share any favorites.
- False Claims Act: A Primer – This Department of Justice publication appears to be from 2011.
- Legislative History of the False Claims Amendment Act of 1986 – The Department of Justice also provides a nice collection of legislative materials.
- False Claims Act – Year in Review – The WilmerHale law firm produces an annual summary of key False Claims Act decisions, settlements, and legislative/regulatory developments. The 2014 edition can be found HERE.
- State Survey of False Claims Acts – Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti provide an interactive map and list of states that have their own False Claims Act. Selecting a state will launch a .pdf version of that state’s law.
There are numerous blogs on this topic. Some focus on specific areas of law, such as healthcare or construction, while others are more general. The final decision as to which blog best fits your interests is based on your overall needs and expectations.
Remember when selecting a blog, check a variety of items, including the authority of the author [read the “About” section], frequency of posts, quality of the content, and overall history. I have listed a few examples from a large pool of choices.
- Original Source: The Sidley Austin False Claims Act Blog – Started several years ago, this blog provides “timely updates on new and interesting developments relating to FCA enforcement and litigation.” Attorneys from a variety of practice areas contribute to the blog.
- False Claims Act & Qui Tam Blog – This blog is maintained by the law firm of Phillips & Cohen.
- False Claims Counsel – Written by a former Department of Justice attorney now in private practice, the blog has a lengthy history of detailed posts.
- False Claims Act Defense – With a focus on health law, this blog is authored by Hall Render.