AWARDS & HONORS
John Schellinger received the The Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators’ 2013 Award of Excellence. Schellinger is the legal administrator at Balisle & Roberson SC, Madison. The Award of Excellence is awarded to members who have gone above and beyond in service to the association and charitable and civic activities and who has exceptional leadership skills, judgment and professionalism.
Quarles & Brady LLP announced that retired partners Frank Daily and Julianna Ebert honored their long-time partner and firm Pro Bono Coordinator Mike Gonring, through the establishment of the Milwaukee Justice Center Mobile Legal Clinic. The initiative, a partnership of the Marquette University Law School and the Milwaukee Bar Association, was made possible by the financial contribution of Daily and Ebert.
The Mobile Legal Clinic will be operated by the Milwaukee Justice Center, and deliver volunteer legal advice and services to underserved areas in Milwaukee County.
The Mobile Legal Clinic, staffed by attorneys and current law students, will visit a variety of locations in the Milwaukee area to provide free legal advice and assist people with legal problems.
ON THE RISE
Christopher Kukowski was promoted to non-equity shareholder at Boyle Fredrickson SC, Waukesha.
Kukowski joined Boyle Fredrickson in 2007. His practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, as well as intellectual property opinions and enforcement. He earned his law degree from Marquette University Law School.
Angela Black joined Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek SC’s real estate practice group in the Madison office. Black represents individual, business and lender clients in all aspects of project development and financing. Black earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
• Michael Koutnik, Marquette University Law School, 2013, joined the firm of Fox, O’Neill & Shannon, S.C., Milwaukee, as an associate. He is a member of the corporate practice group and his practice focuses on general corporate, intellectual property, real estate and transactional law.
• Brandon Krajewski and Rachel Taylor joined the Quarles & Brady LLP as associates in the Milwaukee office.
Krajewski joined the firm as an associate in the commercial litigation practice group. He earned his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Taylor joined the firm as an associate in the corporate services practice group. She earned her law degree from Marquette University Law School.
• Amy Krier joined Davis & Kuelthau SC., Milwaukee, as a shareholder. Krier practice includes matters involving all aspects of estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate, and business succession planning. Krier earned law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
• Joseph Russell joined von Briesen & Roper SC, Milwaukee, as a shareholder in the firm’s litigation and risk management practice group. He has litigated a wide variety of cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, including commercial, franchise and distribution, mass tort, product liability, corporate, environment, consumer fraud, bankruptcy and trade secret cases. He earned his law degree in 2003 from Northwestern University School of Law.
• Joseph Shumow joined Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren SC, Milwaukee’s real estate practice. Shumow was the senior staff counsel for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority. He earned his law degree from Washington University Law School.