Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Home / Legal News / Parents of child sue over fentanyl patch

Parents of child sue over fentanyl patch

MADISON, Wis. (AP) – The parents of a 2-year-old who died after ingesting a fentanyl patch are suing a nursing home, claiming he picked the painkiller up there.

The Wisconsin State Journal reports the clear patch was found in Blake Seamonson’s throat. An autopsy indicates he died of “acute fentanyl intoxication.”

Melissa and Brian Seamonson, of Deerfield, filed a civil lawsuit this month against Nazareth Health and Rehabilitation Center in Stoughton. They claim their son ingested it a few days after visiting his great-grandmother Nov. 1. They think he might have put it in his Halloween candy bucket or run over it with his toy truck.

Nazareth spokeswoman Carol Russell had no comment.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an alert about the danger in April, largely in response to Blake’s death.

Information from: Wisconsin State Journal,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *