HARTLAND, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin company that makes alcohol wipes and swabs is being sued by a Texas couple who lost their 2-year-old son to a fatal bacterial infection.
Shanoop and Sandra Kothari say an alcohol wipe made by Triad Group, Hartland, was the likely source of the infection that killed their son, Harry, in November. Triad voluntarily recalled all its alcohol wipe products.
The Kotharis’ attorney, Donald Kidd, said the boy was exposed to Triad alcohol pads after he had a benign cyst removed from his brain. Kidd said the alcohol pads had bacteria contamination that caused the boy’s death.
According to the Journal Sentinel, the lawsuit was filed in federal court in Houston. The Triad Group did not immediately return a call seeking comment on the lawsuit.
Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com